- 8.1 Entering Competition
- All competitors entering model rockets and competing in NAR sanctioned competition must be members of the NAR in good standing. The Contest Director or his/her designee may ask competitors for verification of their NAR Sporting License. Newly joined NAR members who have not yet received their NAR Sporting License and wish to compete in sanctioned competition shall be recorded as pending.
- 8.2 Conduct
- The Contest Director may disqualify any competitor from an event or from the entire meet on the grounds of failure to practice or observe reasonable safety measures, published or otherwise; for poor sportsmanship; for failure to abide by the orders of the Range Safety Officer or contest officials; whose ability to safely fly model rockets is, in the opinion of the Contest Director or Range Safety Officer, impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- 8.3 Competition Divisions
- The Competition Divisions are as given in the following schedule:
A Division Individuals and Teams, ages 0 – 14 B Division Individuals and Teams, ages 15 – 22 C Division Individuals ages 23 years old and older D Division Teams ages 23 years old and older
- The division in which an NAR member will compete during a Contest Year is determined by the member’s age/status as of the start of the Contest Year.
- NAR members may compete individually and/or as a member of a team in accordance with Rule 8.4.1.
- 8.4 Teams
- Two or more NAR members may enter competition as a team. Teams must be registered with the NAR Contest Board. Membership of a team cannot be changed during the Contest Year. Such a change must be registered as a different team. Team entries shall be prepared for flight by one or more members of the team, except if they are to be proxy-flown under the provisions of Rule 8.5 – Proxy. Entry blanks must contain the name and the number of the team. Any records established are credited to the team.
- 8.4.1 Restrictions
- No NAR member may enter a sanctioned launch as both an individual and as a team member. No NAR member may enter a sanctioned launch as a member of more than one team. Neither of these restrictions applies at a Record Trial.
- 8.5 Proxy
- A competitor entered in sanctioned competition may have an entry proxy-flown by an NAR member of the same or younger competition division.
- 8.5.1 Restrictions
- Proxy flights are NOT allowed when flying:
- Radio controlled models
- Spot Landing events
Proxy flights are NOT allowed when flying for:
- Event Specialist Awards
- National Championship Awards
- United States Model Rocket Performance Records