Be “Pay Forward Proud”
Dear Rocketry Enthusiast,
The National Association of Rocketry (NAR) is a non-profit tax-exempt (501c3) educational organization dedicated to youth education, consumer safety, and the advancement of technology in the hobby of sport rocketry in the United States. Founded in 1957, the NAR is the oldest and largest spacemodeling organization in the world with over 7,600 members and 210 affiliated clubs (known as Sections) across the U.S. The NAR supports all aspects of safe consumer sport rocket flying, from smaller model rockets to very large high-power rockets.
Donations are an integral part of our organization. Your donation helps the NAR provide the following:
- Scholarships to student members of the NAR attending college or vocational schools.
- Teacher grants to support the use of rocketry in the classroom.
- NAR Extracurricular Activity Grants that provide up to ten $500 grants for after-school activities, such as rocket clubs, Scout, Civil Air Patrol, 4-H, or NAR section programs involving model rocketry, including The American Rocketry Challenge (TARC) and NASA Student Launch Program teams.
- Support for educational material development.
- Testing hobby rocket motors to ensure their safety for all consumers.
- An educational booth at the annual National Science Teacher Association meeting.
The NAR also supports a History Development Fund, which helps our partner, the Museum of Flight, with curator staff for preserving our hobby’s history. The Museum of Flight is currently completing the archiving of the G. Harry Stine Collection and will soon move on to curating the Estes and Piester collections.
Please help us to support all of these great activities of the NAR by donating today. You can round up your membership dues or send a tax-deductible donation of any amount.
Be safe, have fun, pay forward and inspire our future with your own rocketry.
John N. Hochheimer
NAR 74537 L3
If you would prefer to make your donation via the mail, please send it to:
P.O. Box 407
Marion, Iowa 52302
Be sure to note in the memo line of the check what the donation is for, i.e., scholarships, general fund, Museum of Flight.