Online Rocketry Mentoring Resources
We’re all learning how to function “virtually” with software such as Zoom, but when it comes to explaining rocketry basics you do not have to do it all yourself. There are a lot of good video or other presentations online that you can point student groups to as support resources between the NAR website and the TARC website to supplement what you can do in your limited virtual sessions.
- NAR “How to Build a Rocket” Video Series – 6 short YouTube step-by-step videos by the NAR on how to build and finish a model rocket similar to a TARC rocket
- “So You Want to be a Rocketeer” Video – A 10-minute video from MIT on how a rocket works and the steps of designing a typical model rocket
- Parts of a TARC Rocket – A presentation describing what the component parts are for typical TARC rockets and what their catalog numbers are from the various TARC-supporting vendors who provide them
- Flight Testing in TARC – A presentation on what all the factors are affecting flight performance of a TARC rocket and how to do a data-driven flight testing program to get a TARC rocket reliably onto the flight performance target.
- Model Rocket Building Techniques. A whole series of web pages on the NAR website with detailed how-to techniques and good supporting photographs.