- The Rocketry Festival 2018 & NARAM-60 website is constantly being updated. The last day to order a NARAM-60 t-shirt is Friday, July 6. Online contest registration for NARAM-60 will close on Monday, July 16, 2018. NARAM-60 Rocketeer Reunion registration closes Friday, July 20, 2018.
- The National Rocket Competition (NRC) has closed for the 2017-2018 season. The 2018-2019 season will begin on Saturday, August 11, 2018.
- Online Board of Trustee voting will close on Thursday, August 2, 2018. Members can log into their account and go to “Board of Trustee Voting”, located in the Member Resources menu.
- Spam Alert! There is a spam e-mail circulating with the following subject line: Subject: Help Support Dawn. This is not from the NAR, the links should not be opened.
- The NAR Contest Board is pleased to announce that the following events will make up the 2018-2019 National Rocket Competition (NRC).
- 1/4A-Parachute Duration
- 1/4A-Helicopter Duration
- A-Boost Glider
- B Eggloft Duration
- B-Payload Altitude-Altimeter
- C Egg Altitude-Altimeter
- In accordance with Rule 6.3.1 of the Sporting Code. Members may begin flying these events the first day after NARAM ends, August 11, 2018. The NRC ends on June 30 of 2019.
- Lifetime membership is available to any new or renewing senior member of the National Association of Rocketry. Pay a one-time fee of $1,000 and become a NAR member for life. Call NAR headquarters at (800) 262-4872. Marie will fulfill your membership over the phone; lifetime memberships can not be purchased online.
What’s My NAR Number?
Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry!
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
Attend National Events
NSL 2018—May 26-28, Geneseo, New York
Rocketry Festival 2018 & NARAM-60—August 4-10, Pueblo, Colorado
Read Sport Rocketry Magazine!
Sport Rocketry is a bi-monthly magazine jam-packed with building tips, plans, product reviews, technical information, space science features, interviews, and reports on launches and other rocketry activities from all over the country! (Check our our free online sample issue!
Visit Organized Rocket Launches!
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year — both sport launches and competitions — from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
Connect With Local Clubs!
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you — participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joing you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry!
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public!
The National Rocketry Competition to Debut August 5th—Competition for All!
The NAR has retooled the U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (aka the Sporting Code) so that NAR competition will be significantly more accessible to the average member. The new competition rulebook- SportingCode-2017, details a new approach to competition known as the National Rocketry Competition or NRC. The NRC emphasizes eight core events powered with low cost motors.
One important element of the NRC is that each contest year, six events are chosen and these events are announced at the start of a new contest year, July 1. Competition flyers can begin flying the events as part of the NRC the day after NARAM ends, which is August 5th this year.
Competition Rocketry is Fun! Competition Rocketry is for everyone! Fly the National Rocketry Competition!