Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry!The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 90,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
Attend NAR National Events!
- National Convention – NARCON 2015: Seattle, Washington February 20-23, 2015
- National Sport Launch – NSL-2015: Orangesburg, South Carolina May 23-25, 2015
- National Championships – NARAM-57: Tucson, Arizona July 25-31, 2015
Read Sport Rocketry Magazine!
Sport Rocketry is a bi-monthly magazine jam-packed with building tips, plans, product reviews, technical information, space science features, interviews, and reports on launches and other rocketry activities from all over the country! In alternate months, NAR members also receive theModel Rocketeer newsletter, which contains official Association notices and an up-to-the minute schedule of upcoming launches and activities! (Check our our free online sample issue!)
Visit NAR Organized Rocket Launches!
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year — both sport launches and competitions — from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
Connect With NAR Local Clubs!
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you — participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joing you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry!
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public!
Learn New Rocket Techniques with NARTREK!
When you join the NARTREK (National Association of Rocketry Training Rocketeers for Experience and Knowledge) program, you fly increasingly complex rockets through three levels. As each level is finished, you receive an Achievement Certificate and a jacket patch certifying your accomplishment. You are under no time limit. You progress at your own pace. You can even “try it before you buy it” by downloading the NARTREK Bronze level packet now, and following the instructions on the first page!
Launch Student Learning with NAR Educational Materials!
If you’re a teacher, the NAR can help engage and energize your students with our educational resources and 40+ years of model rocket expertise. You can obtain a free copy of our Educator CD-ROM. Simply fill out the short survey and contact information form. We’ll deliver a copy directly to you in four to eight weeks.
Connect with Other NAR Members!
- NAR has a moderated Facebook page.
- Coming back to the hobby after some time away? Check out the Old-timers special interest group;
- Scale modelers can try the scale rocketry special interest group;
- International competitors can subscribe to the US Rocketry Team listserv.
Explore These Additional NAR Resources!
- Make NAR Technical Services (NARTS) your personal source of rocket plans, scale data and photos, technical reports and more!
- Find a complete list of NAR-Certified rocket motors.
- Interested in attending or flying rocketry contests?
- Read the most recent message from the NAR President.
- Read past issues of the eRocketeer.
- Want to purchase back issues of Sport Rocketry magazine?
- Need to report a malfunctioning rocket motor?
- Become a trained safety officer.
- Try to beat our current national rocketry records.
- Not a US Resident? Search for National Rocketry Organizations Outside the US.
All these exciting activities and benefits can be yours…
..as soon as you become a member of the National Association of Rocketry!
Problems with the NAR web site?
We’re still working on new content, and fixing minor problems. If you have any issues, please report them to your crack team of volunteer code slingers using this form. Thanks, and enjoy the site!