Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
- SPECIAL OFFER! Support the curation of the Estes and Piester collections and get a chance to order Centuri cover art graphics. The donation level has been reduced from $250.00 to $150.00 for a very limited time, act today! (Updated 12.1.19)
- The Museum of Flight announces the Stine Collection Finding Aid. (Updated 11.14.19)
- Questions about NAR Insurance? (Updated 11.7.19)
- Junior Level 1 Certification process changes.
- Take action, contact congress now. The AMA needs your help. (Updated 10.8.19)
- 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 Photo Contest Winners Announced! (Updated 10.2.19)
- The latest update to the US Model Rocket Sporting Code has been released and went into effect Sunday, August 4, 2019. The framework for becoming Section Champions as well as the results from the latest round of RCP’s have been incorporated. (Updated 8.5.19)
- NAR Members: An “In Memorial Of” page has been added to the Member Resources. This page is dedicated NAR members who have passed away.
NARCON—March 6-8, 2020
Hosted by Southern Arizona Rocketry Association (SARA)
Event Director: Steve Lubliner
National Sport Launch—May 22-25, 2020
Hosted by San Luis Valley Rocketeers
Event Director: Matt Abbey
NARAM-62—July 25-31, 2020
National Warplane Museum
Hosted by Monroe Astronautical Rocket Society,
MARS Club 136, and Syracuse Rocket Club, SRC 566
Contest Director: Dan Wolf
Sport Launch Directors: Bill and MaryBeth Clune
Events: 1/2A B/G*, 1/2A SD*, 1/2A HD*, 1/2A PD*, 1/2A ALT*, 1/2A Flexwing, B Payload*, D SuperRoc Altitude altimeter, Sport Scale, R & D. (*NRC Events)
Visit Organized Rocket Launches!
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year — both sport launches and competitions — from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
Connect With Local Clubs!
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you — participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joing you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry!
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public!
The National Rocketry Competition—Competition for All!
The NAR has retooled the U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (aka the Sporting Code) so that NAR competition will be significantly more accessible to the average member. The new competition rulebook- SportingCode-2017, details a new approach to competition known as the National Rocketry Competition or NRC. The NRC emphasizes eight core events powered with low cost motors.
Lifetime membership is available to any new or renewing senior member of the National Association of Rocketry. Pay a one-time fee of $1,000 and become a NAR member for life. Call NAR headquarters at (800) 262-4872. Marie will fulfill your membership over the phone; lifetime memberships can not be purchased online.
What’s My NAR Number?