- NSL West-2023—Online registration closed, but you can still register on the field the day of the event. (5.22.23)
- NARAM-64—Website and Registration are Open (5.18.2023)
- NAR Members—The virtual NARCON presentations are now available in the members only forum. Log in and go to the General Rocketry community, look in the Library for the presentations. (5.16.23)
- Competition Flyer? Vote on NRC rule changes here. (5.15.23)
- NAR Members—Proposed NAR Bylaw changes voting is now open. Log into the Member Resources section of the website. To vote, scroll to the Board of Trustee and Bylaw Changes Voting section. (5.1.23)
- NAR Members—Board of Trustee voting is now open. Log into the Member Resources section of the website. To vote, scroll to the Board of Trustee and Bylaw Changes Voting section. (5.1.23)
- NAR Members—May/June Sport Rocketry magazine is now available in the Member Resources section of the website. (5.1.23)
- NSL East-2023—Mark Your Calendars (3.20.2023)
- NAR Scholarships and Grants (3.14.23)
- Elevate Your Grant Writing: An Estes Workshop (3.14.23)
- Sport Rocketry magazine (March/April 2023) is available in Members Only Forum (2.20.23)
- Get Started! The NAR Members Only Forum
- The World Spacemodeling Championships are coming to the United States. NAR members can be part of this historic event!
- Questions about NAR Sections
- Questions about Insurance
Do you have news relating to model, mid, or high power rocketry? The NAR will post a link to your news item on the NAR.org website. Please send topics of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the
National Association of Rocketry
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
Visit Organized Rocket Launches
This is a great way to get into rocketry! There are 100’s of flights in a single day. NAR sections host a great many launches each year, these launches include model, mid and high power rockets. The launches are held as part of local, regional, and national events. Check out our Launch Windows listings for upcoming launches in your area.
Connect With Local Clubs
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you —participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joining you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public! All HPR Certification Procedures, tests, and applications are available here.
Visit our Exclusive
Members Only Forum
Members have exclusive access to our members only forum. The forum will allow you to immediately connect with fellow members on a local, regional, and national level. The forum will allow you to engage in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you. There are communities for General Rocketry, High Power Rocketry, Competitive Rocketry, plus many more!
The National Association of Rocketry holds annual national events; NARCON, NSL, and NARAM. The events move around the country and appeal to every type of rocket enthusiast.
vNARCON 2023—The ultimate virtual Rocket Convention. vNARCON 2023 is set for January 27-29, 2023.
NSL West 2023—NSL West is set for May 27-29, 2023 in Alamosa, Colorado. 52K AGL Waiver! An event specific website is to follow.
NSL East 2023—NSL East will be held November 10-12, 2023 near Pence, Indiana. An event specific website is to follow.
NARAM-64—The NAR Annual Meet is set for July 29-August 1, 2023 and will be held in Lordsburg, NM. The contest director is Vern Richardson. The event includes 4 days of sport and competition flying. An event specific website is to follow.
Events: A Altitude*, A Payload*, A Boost/Glide Duration*, A Streamer Duration*, B Eggloft Duration*, 1/4A Parachute Duration,* 1/2A Flex Wing, Precision Fragile Payload, Classic Model (*NRC Events)
The NAR Provides Insurance
Today, that perfect local launch field is likely to belong to a school system, park department, or private landowner who insists on being covered by insurance before allowing you to fly. While we’re proud of our safety record, it helps to know that NAR members are covered by $5 million worth of personal liability insurance to give that site owner added peace of mind! Questions about NAR insurance, click here.
What’s My NAR Number?
The process of issuing a NAR member card for new, renewing, and HPR certification typically takes 4-6 weeks. The cards are sent weekly to a fulfillment company that prints them and does the mailing. In the event you need Proof of Membership or your HPR Certification, use the following links: