- Are you a NAR Competitor? Log into Member Resources to vote on the current list of RCP’s.
- Teaching Rocketry in the Classroom (5.16.22)
- Sport Rocketry (May/June) digital edition is now available. Members may log into the “Member Resources” section of the website to view the digital magazine. (5.4.2022)
- NAR Board of Trustee voting is now open. Members may log into the “Member Resources” section of the website and cast their ballot online. (5.2.2022)
- We are now on Discord, join us! (4.5.2022)
- Registration now open for NSL-2022. (3.31.2022)
- NARAM-63—Registration is open. (4.26.2022)
- The World Spacemodeling Championships are coming to the United States. NAR members can be part of this historic event! (2.7.22)
- Revised HPR Certification procedures, tests, and applications are now available (1.5.22)
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding NAR Sections (12.1.21)
- NAR Section News (11.3.21)
- Connect with a NAR Section, it’s easy! (8.4.21)
- Interested in Donating to Our Organization?
- Online Rocketry Mentoring Resources
- Questions about Insurance?
Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
Visit Organized Rocket Launches
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year—both sport launches and competitions—from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
The National Association of Rocketry holds annual national events; NARCON, NSL, and NARAM. The events move around the country and appeal to every type of rocket enthusiast.
vNARCON 2022—The ultimate virtual Rocket Convention. vNARCON 2022 was virtually January 28-30, 2022.
NSL 2022—The National Sport Launch will be held May 28-30, 2022 in Sumter, SC. NSL is hosted by the Rocketry Organization of South Carolina (ROSCO) #3648. There is a minimum 7,000′ waiver for this event. The Event Director is Bobby Weatherford. A host hotel or hotels are just 15 minutes away in Sumter, SC. An event specific website is to follow.
NARAM-63—NARAM-63 is to be held July 16-22, 2022. The host hotel is in Springfield and the launch site is near South Greenfield, MO. The event is hosted by Launch Crue, St. Louis Rocketry Association, and Tripoli Mo-Kan. There is a 6,000′ waiver for this event. The Contest Director is Chad Ring. The event includes 7 days of sport and high power flying, 5 days of national competition, 3 days of US team fly-offs, plus much, much, more.
Events: 1/4A Streamer Duration*, 1/2A Rocket Glider Duration*, A Helicopter Duration*, A Parachute Duration*, B Altitude*, B Egg Lofting Altitude*, Sport Scale*, E Payload Altitude, Open Spot Landing, and Research and Development. (*NRC Events)
Connect With Local Clubs
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you —participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joining you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public! All HPR Certification Procedures, tests, and applications are available here.
The NAR Provides Insurance
Today, that perfect local launch field is likely to belong to a school system, park department, or private landowner who insists on being covered by insurance before allowing you to fly. While we’re proud of our safety record, it helps to know that NAR members are covered by $5 million worth of personal liability insurance to give that site owner added peace of mind! Questions about NAR insurance, click here.
The National Rocket Competition
The NAR has retooled the U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (aka the Sporting Code) so that NAR competition will be significantly more accessible to the average member. The new competition rulebook- SportingCode, details a new approach to competition known as the National Rocket Competition or NRC. The NRC emphasizes eight core events powered with low cost motors.
What’s My NAR Number?
The process of issuing a NAR member card for new, renewing, and HPR certification typically takes 4-6 weeks. The cards are sent weekly to a fulfillment company that prints them and does the mailing. In the event you need Proof of Membership or your HPR Certification, use the following links: