When the sun goes down we start flying. Class 1 model rockets only, class 1 model rocket means an amateur rocket that:
- Uses no more than 125 grams (4.4 ounces) of propellant;
- Uses a slow-burning propellant;
- Is made of paper, wood, or breakable plastic;
- Contains no substantial metal parts; and
- Weighs no more than 1,500 grams (53 ounces), including the propellant.
You’re going to want to find some flashing lights or even better a rocket made for Night Flying. If you have never been to a night launch you are in for a treat. They are actually easier to track and recover at night.