NAR Technical Services (NARTS) Chair
Current Committee Purpose: Exactly as stated in By-Laws.
NAR By-Laws Language: Article 11, Section 12: The Technical Services Committee shall have as its duties the acquisition, publication, promotion, and sales to Association members of membership insignia, technical reports, and other materials as may from time to time be approved by the Board of Trustees.
Article 2: The Association shall: …..
(d) prepare, collect, correlate, and disseminate by publication or otherwise facts, information, articles, books, or other literature pertaining to rocketry, and shall engage in, encourage, and promote the educational aspects of rocketry.
1. I will maintain a broad inventory of technical reports, plans, scale information, and NAR emblematic items available for sale to NAR members, ensuring to the best of my ability that this inventory includes as much as possible of the still-relevant technical and research work done throughout the history of the hobby.
2. I will ship orders to customers within 14 days of receipt of their order and payment, and will advise them and provide immediate refunds for any material they order that is not in stock.
3. I will establish prices and inventory levels that keep NARTS from losing money, and will provide at least once per year a check to the NAR Treasurer for any cash surplus in my account in excess of the prudent reserve levels agreed between myself and the Treasurer.
4. I will produce an updated catalog and price list of NARTS products at least once per year.
5. I will operate a web page, linked to the NAR home page, with the latest NARTS catalog on it and with the capability to accept customer orders on-line.