Current Committee Purpose: Exactly as stated in By-Laws.
NAR By-Laws Language: Article 11, Section 9: The Education Committee shall have as its duties the planning, programming, implementation, and supervision of education programs in which the Association may become involved; and co-ordination, co-operation, and assistance with and to educators in all matters relating to education that will further the aims and purposes of the Association.
1. I will keep an up to date and accurate inventory of all educational resources available to NAR educators. I will seek to update and improve educational resources whenever need arises or when additional educational resources are made available to the NAR. I will distribute this inventory record to all NAR educators annually.
2. I will maintain an up-to-date e-mail list of points of contact of educators for use in rapid distribution of urgent NAR education news and official communications, and will maintain and moderate a list server for facilitating communications among NAR educators.
3. I will maintain regular communication with all NAR educators in the most effective manner that I can find (newsletter, e-mail, or other media) and will provide the NAR Board of Trustees in my semiannual report with feedback from educators on ways to improve NAR educational services and on ways to encourage the use of sport rocketry as an educational tool.
4. I will maintain an active communications program with national, regional and local educational organizations to both soliciting their support for aerospace education, and to raise awareness of NAR educational resource offerings.
5. I will work with the NAR Section Activities