We realize that you may not find the answers to some of your questions on this web site. Just in case, here are some of the most common questions that can be answered here:
- How high is the waiver? 12,000 Standing.
- What is the Impulse limit? At Geneseo we can fly up to “N” impulse.
- How many launch pads will NSL have? NSL will have
- 43 low power 1/8 & 3/16
- 5 mid power 1010 and mini rails
- 32 high power split in 2 banks with 1010 & 1515 rails
- 2 Mega pads
- A brand new hydraulic tower MARS calls the “Beast“!
- Can we fly Sparky motors? Generally Yes, field conditions during the event will dictate that.
Due to the requirements of the HP Safety Code, the use of “sparky” propellants is hoped for but cannot not be assured if dry conditions create a potential fire hazard. Therefore, consider having an alternate non-sparky motor planned should weather conditions in the weeks prior to the NSL create hazardous conditions.
- Can I camp on the Field? YES, self contained campers are allowed, Sorry NO TENTS. (No hookups of any kind are available PLAN AHEAD)
- Do my kids need to pay range fees? NO, kids fly free! and the MARS “Bucket of Rockets” will be there for them.
- Does MARS fly here all the time? Yes we do every month during the warm weather! Visit the MARS Calendar
- Do I have to join NAR? We would ask all adults, even those flying model rockets to join NAR.
- Can I come to NSL-2018 and just watch? Yes, please do! Visit the spectators page.
- Hours of operation? 10AM to 6PM. Closing a little early on Saturday for the Banquet and a little early on Monday to cleanup!
- Where do I stay? Where can I eat? And get gas? Visit the Host Hotel or Nearby Accommodations page!
- Which vendors will be at NSL-2018? And can I sell my stuff? Yes and Yes! visit the Vendor signup Page.
- I would like to volunteer to help at NSL-2018! You sure can and we will have more info on that soon!