The amount of each scholarship is $2,000. The number of awards will be determined annually by the Board of Trustees. Awards will be announced and presented at the national meet (NARAM) in late July/early August each year. You do not have to be present at NARAM to receive an award.
- The application deadline for participating in the NAR scholarship award program is June 1. All applications must be emailed or postmarked by this date.
- The purpose of the Fund is to provide scholarship support to a college or vocational school student majoring in science or engineering programs.
- You must have been a NAR member for at least one year before applying for the scholarship. (For example, if applying by June 1, 2018, your membership should have started prior to June 1 2017.)
- You must write in a NAR number or your application will be rejected.
- State your main rocketry interest—scale, competition, sport flying, science, education, etc.
- Graduation Date: If you have not yet graduated from high school, enter the projected date.
- College or Vocational School: If you have not decided on where to attend college or vocational school, enter your first choice. Enter your planned enrollment date or the most recent semester you attended. If you have not decided on a major course of study, enter “Undecided.”
- Letters of recommendation are required. You can send your recommenders this link to submit recommendation letters online.
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript to the application. If you are currently attending college/vocational school, and have at least one semester of grades, attach your college/vocational school transcript instead.
- Attach an essay of no more than 500 words describing your model rocketry experiences and how participating in rocketry activities has been of benefit to your education. You may wish to include how you started in rocketry, who helped you, science projects completed using rocketry, demos you have arranged and any other material you feel appropriate. The essay may be emailed to Mark Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org. The essay must be received by June 1.
- Sign and date the application. Print your name where indicated. Questions about this application may be emailed to Mark Wise at email@example.com.
- Awards are on a one-time basis and are not renewable. Awards will be presented as a “two-bearer” check, written to both the student and the institution.
Revised May 9, 2022
Online Application :