- NAR Member Contest Flyer? Voting ends in the rules revision process (RCP) on Saturday, June 15, 2019. Log into your account on NAR.org, go to the Member Resources page and look for the link, “RCP Voting” (Updated 6. 14.19)
- Check out the NSL-2019 Photo Gallery on the NAR Facebook page.
- Check out the NARAM-61 flying field, wow.
- Museum of Flight “Pay Forward Proud” fundraiser now open. (Updated 5.23.19)
- NARAM-61 Registration is open (Updated 5.13.19)
- Online voting for NAR Board of Trustees is now open. Log into your account on NAR.org, go to the Member Resources page and look for the link, “Board of Trustee Voting.” (Updated 5.2.2019)
- Model Rocketry magazine (1968-1972) has been added to the NAR Member Publication Archives. (Updated 5.17.19)
- Model Rocket Contest and 50 Anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing (Updated 5.15.19)
- 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11—Photo Contest (Updated 5.24.19)
- NAR High Power Certification Applications (Level 1, 2, 3) are now fillable .PDF forms.
- NARCON presentations are available online (Updated 3.26.19)
- Launch your Rocket with Space Camp’s Global Rocket Launch Challenge July 16, 2019
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11
The 2019 national events have been announced! More details will follow shortly.
July 27 – August 3, 2019
Click here for a .pdf file of the NARAM 61 brochure.
National Sport Launch
Lucerne Dry Lake, California
June 7-9, 2019
NARCON-2019 (Presentations are available for download)
Cape Canaveral, Florida
March 1-3, 2019
Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry!
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
What’s My NAR Number?
Lifetime membership is available to any new or renewing senior member of the National Association of Rocketry. Pay a one-time fee of $1,000 and become a NAR member for life. Call NAR headquarters at (800) 262-4872. Marie will fulfill your membership over the phone; lifetime memberships can not be purchased online.
Visit Organized Rocket Launches!
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year — both sport launches and competitions — from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
Connect With Local Clubs!
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you — participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joing you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry!
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public!
The National Rocketry Competition—Competition for All!
The NAR has retooled the U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (aka the Sporting Code) so that NAR competition will be significantly more accessible to the average member. The new competition rulebook- SportingCode-2017, details a new approach to competition known as the National Rocketry Competition or NRC. The NRC emphasizes eight core events powered with low cost motors.
One important element of the NRC is that each contest year, six events are chosen and these events are announced at the start of a new contest year, July 1. Competition flyers can begin flying the events as part of the NRC the day after NARAM ends.
Connect with Other NAR Members!
- NAR has a moderated Facebook page.
- Coming back to the hobby after some time away? Check out the Old-timers special interest group;
- Scale modelers can try the scale rocketry special interest group;
- International competitors can subscribe to the US Rocketry Team listserv.