The eight events for a World Spacemodeling Championships are defined in the FAI Sporting Code. They are the same every time, and are the following:
- S1 – Altitude (S1A for Juniors, S1B for Seniors)
- S3 – Parachute Duration (S3A for Juniors and Seniors)
- S4 – Boost Glider (free flight) (S4A for Juniors and Seniors)
- S5 – Scale Altitude (S5B for Juniors, S5C for Seniors)
- S6 – Streamer Duration (S6A for Juniors and Seniors)
- S7 – Scale
- S8 – R/C Rocket Glider (S8D for Juniors, S8E/P for Seniors)
- S9 – Gyrocopter (Helicopter) Duration (S9A for Juniors and Seniors)
The US has been pressing for the “Precision Fragile Payload” event S2/P (the FAI equivalent of TARC) to be flown at a WSMC. It was flown in 2014, 2016, and 2018 as an unofficial “demonstration” event.
The event-specific pages discuss highlights for each event including rules, models, and competition strategies. Click on the above links for more information about each event.