Date(s) - 10/11/16
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Alamosa Family Rec Center
Latitude / Longitude:
Register through the Alamosa Family Rec Center at www.alamosarec.org
Class runs Tuesday and Thursday for one hour for two weeks beginning October 11th.
Launch Day is Saturday October 22nd at 9:00 AM.
Build a rocket from the bottom up and launch it! This class is a class designed for experienced your rocketeers. As a rule of thumb, if you have built and launched a model rocket before, you qualify for this class.
Rocket will be a more complex model than the beginner rocket and may include payload sections or multi-staging!
The attendees will learn or review:
• Model Rocketry Safety Code (review)
• How a model rocket works (review)
• Geometric altitude calculation.
• Space exploration, astronauts, and the law of Action-Reaction.
• Students will experience what it is like to be a model rocket scientist while making and launching their own model rocket.
• We will measure, mark, cut, sand, glue, and paint.
• Model Rocket Kit.
• Launch Pads (for the class to use/share on launch day).
• All engines and rocket-specific related supplies including glues, sandpaper, and miscellaneous building supplies.
Bring these supplies with you:
• A small box to put your supplies in, about the size of a shoebox
• Wood or White Glue
• Masking tape
• Razor knife (Excel, box knife, x-acto or similar)
• Paint for your rocket (last class session only)
Sponsor Type: NAR SectionSponsor: SLVROC - 774
Event Director: Mathew W Abbey - Big Valley Hobbies | email@example.com | 719-937-2411
Return to Calendar