Last update: 1.21.21
- Chrome Users!!! You will need to make the following adjustment to your Mac to be able to share screen! Please go to this link and make this change. Restart your Chrome and then log into Accelevents. (1.21.21)
- Did you do the first step and make the privacy setting change noted in the first bullet point? Share Screen access will be denied if you didn’t!
- Your options to “Share a File” during your session are limited to .pdf files. Use the “Share Screen” function and then play your .mp4 files (recommended) or Powerpoint presentations from your desktop. Make sure to view the file in full screen so that the audience will see the largest picture possible. We do not recommend you play video during your presentation, there are various issues with sound. (1.21.21)
- Presenters are able to log in the day of the event and test their equipment, you can log in hours in advance. However, if you are unsure of the process and would like to test the system prior to the event, contact Todd at email@example.com. We can set up a test to ensure your system is working. (1.21.21)
- The less computer media (video, .pdf files, PPT presentations, photos) you try to incorporate into your talk, the more smoothly your presentation will run. (1.21.21)
- Ical invites has been fixed, see issue below. (1.18.21)
- All events will start at the times shown on the website. Please use the time shown on the web page and in the subject line of the email invitation. Don’t use an Ical invitation, it can inaccurately show start and end times. (1.4.21)
Hello and welcome to vNARCON 2021! This will be the first virtual national event for the National Association of Rocketry. The following information will allow you to access the virtual conference platform – Accelevents – the vNARCON 2021 hosting site.
There is no software to download or install. Accelevents is a web browser based system. However, Chrome is the preferred browser (see more below under “screen sharing tips.”)
I’m a speaker at the event, what do I do now?
- You will receive a speaker invitation from Accelevents. Don’t loose that e-mail, it has a link to the speaker studio.
- You can upload supporting presentation documents. If you have a need to do this, simply contact Todd Schweim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are using the virtual conference software, Accelevents. Please click the link here and follow the instructions in the customer support document before you log in and host your event.
- Accelevents has created a broadcast of how to use the speaker studio. We highly recommend that our speakers watch this video.
- For additional information on speaker controls during a virtual presentation, click here.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There are camera and microphone settings that may need configuring prior to your event.
Helpful hints to note PRIOR to your event
Be sure to send your photo and a speaker bio to Todd Schweim at email@example.com.
Install and use Google Chrome.
Be sure to read the support documents listed above.
Once you have logged into the site from the invite link that was sent from Accelevents, note the dates and times of your presentations.
We encourage you to log in prior to the event and familiarize yourself with the speaker studio and it’s settings. The day of your session, log in 10-15 minutes early. This will allow time for you to double-check your camera and microphone settings. The share screen function is of special note to those of you that want to use a PPT slideshow, still images, or personal video.
- Video without a soundtrack will work when you share screen. You can play video and do a live voiceover.
Helpful hints to note DURING your event
- Video without a soundtrack will work when you share screen. You can play video and do a live voiceover. We do not recommend that you play video with a soundtrack in your presentation, there can be a latency issue with the sound.
You are the moderator of the event and have control of video and audio.
All new sessions start at the top of the hour.
Watch the time. Sessions are 55 minutes in length. We suggest a 45-50 minute presentation, and a 5-10 minute Q&A.
We recommend that you simply answer questions from the chat, there isn’t a need to do live questions. As you begin your session, tell guests to type their questions in the chat.
You have the ability to remove people from the group. Simply go the the People tab on the right, and click on the X next to someone’s name to remove them from the session if it necessary.