Last update: January 19, 2023.
Todd and I want to first thank you for stepping up and presenting at vNARCON-2023. We cannot make this event happen without your involvement. In order for vNARCON-2023 to run smoothly for yourself, your viewers, and for Todd and I, it’s extremely important for you to take the time to read everything in that follows .
- In order to attend vNARCON sessions, keynotes, tours, and special events, all speakers must register and have a ticket to vNARCON. When registering, be sure to use the same email address we sent your speaker invitation to.
- Know where your exclusive Accelevents “Session invite” email is. You were sent a Speaker invitation from Accelevents. This is the one and only email you can use to get into Accelevents and your session the day of your presentation- put it where you can easily find it!
- Accelevents is designed to run best using the Chrome browser. Install the most current version of Chrome or check for and install any updates if you already are running Chrome.
- Before launching Accelevents on your computer, open your system preferences/settings and be sure that Google Chrome is recognized/enabled in your Privacy and Security settings. Also, be sure the microphone and camera you will be using for your presentation are correctly selected and recognized. To help eliminate screen and microphone sharing issues, follow THIS LINK to “I’m a Speaker in a Session, What Do I do?” and read through it.
- In the speaker invitation that has been sent to you, you will see two links similar to the following:
You can access a list of your talks here:
You can join the talk directly by visiting:
Click on either of these links in your speaker invitation email.
Click on the, “Join the Studio” link. This is the Presenters Studio. It is very important that you be familiar with the Presenters Studio prior to your presentation.
- Want to practice? Sign up for one-on-one “speaker studio” trainingwith Todd and Ed by clicking on this link – SPEAKER TRAINING Signup! Select the day and time that best works for you. This is our ONE opportunity to show you how to run your presentation and answer questions prior to the event.
- Click on THIS LINK to attend the above mentioned speaker training.
The single-most important “tool” in the Speaker Studio is the “share screen” function. To understand it’s use, please follow THIS LINK to, “Screen and File Sharing- Best Practices.” Be sure you understand the difference between sharing the desktop, a window, and a tab. If after reading this help document you’re still not clear on how to best share your presentation materials, ask Todd and I for help during the Speaker Training session you sign up for (above).
Todd Schweim and Ed LaCroix
Hello and welcome to vNARCON 2023! This is the third, totally virtual member convention for the National Association of Rocketry. The following information will allow you to access the virtual conference platform–Accelevents–the vNARCON 2023 hosting site.
There is no software to download or install. Accelevents is a web browser based system. However, Chrome is the preferred browser (see more below under “screen sharing tips.”)
I’m a speaker at the event, what do I do now?
- You will receive a speaker invitation from Accelevents. Don’t lose that e-mail, it has a link to your speaker studio.
- Your speaker invitation has a link to your upcoming talks. Follow that link to Accelevents, click on the “Join the Studio” link. Familiarize yourself with the Studio prior to the event.
- to set up your camera and microphone settings prior to the event. Do not wait until the day of the event, there isn’t anyone to assist you in troubleshooting this the day of the event.
- You can upload documents to support your presentation. Contact Todd Schweim at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
- We are using the virtual conference software, Accelevents. Please click the link here and follow the instructions in the customer support document before you log in and host your event.
- Accelevents has created a broadcast of how to use the speaker studio.We highly recommend that our speakers watch this video.
PRIOR to your presentation:
- Be sure to send your photo and a 150-200 word personal bio to Todd Schweim at email@example.com.
- Install and use Google Chrome for your vNARCON presentation and activities.
- Using Chrome, once you have logged into the Accelevents site using the invite link that was sent from Accelevents, write down the dates and times of your presentation(s).
- You are strongly encouraged to log into Accelevents prior to the vNARCON and familiarize yourself with the speaker studio and it’s settings. The day of your presentation, log in 10-15 minutes early. This will allow time for you to double-check your camera and microphone settings.
- The share screen function is important to those of you that want to share a PPT slideshow, still images, and/or a video. Keep what you share as simple as possible.
- If you want to share video during your presentation please know that:
- Video with an embedded soundtrack requires that you MUTE your microphone otherwise you will have horrible echo and latency issues while your video plays.
- You can also choose to play a video that has no soundtrack and provide your own voiceover while it plays.
DURING your presentation:
- All presentations start at the top of the hour.
- Watch your time. Presentations are 55 minutes in length. We suggest a 45-50 minute presentation, and a 5-10 minute Q&A.
- During your presentation, as the moderator, you have control of video and audio.
- As you begin your presentation, tell guests to type their questions in the chat.
- We recommend you only answer questions from the chat- live questions are harder to control.
- If necessary, you have the ability to remove someone from the group of people watching your presentation. Simply go the “People” tab on the right, and click on the “X” next to someone’s name to remove them from watching your presentation.