The NAR will hold a competitive flyoff at the opening weekend (August 3-5) of NARAM 65 in Pueblo, CO to select the members of the Junior and Senior Teams that we will be sending to Serbia to compete. Juniors are those who will not have reached age 19 by December 31, 2025; Seniors are all others. There are 8 event teams of 3-4 people in each of the two age divisions, so there will be plenty of opportunity to win a spot. The US Team Bulletin providing all the details of this flyoff is posted on the NAR website here.
Lots of information about international competition procedures and designs—which are quite different from NAR competition—are posted in this section of the NAR website.
Recent video presentations at vNARCON 2022 are available on YouTube:
- “Building Paper Rockets” by Steve Kristal
- “Flying the S4 Rocket Glider Event” by Chris Flanigan
- “Streamer and Parachute Duration Secrets” by Steve Kristal
- “Helicopter Duration International Style” by Trip Barber
- “Creating Lightweight Fiberglass Tubes” by James Duffy (S5 Scale Altitude focused)
- “Fabrication of Lightweight Fiberglass Body Tubing” by Terrill Willard (S3/6/9 focused)
- “Flight Testing in The American Rocketry Challenge” by Trip Barber (S2/P focused)
- “Building the Estes 1/100 Scale Saturn 1B” by James Duffy (S7 focused)