Current Committee Purpose: To encourage and support the formation and sustainment of NAR sections and to encourage communications and the exchange of ideas among sections and between sections and the NAR Board of Trustees.
NAR Bylaws Language: Article 11, Section 8: The Section Activities Committee shall have as its duties the formation of new local Sections of the Association, the chartering and re-chartering of such Sections, the maintenance of communication between the Sections and the Board of Trustees.
1. I will keep the contents of the NAR Section Manual up to date and accurate, and will maintain an unhand inventory of copies and distribute it to each newly-chartered section within 30 days of receiving their charter request. I will distribute a set of changes and updates to the Manual to all chartered sections at least once every two years.
2. I will provide an updated roster of NAR sections to the NAR webmaster and to the editors of the Model Rocketeer and Sport Rocketry at least once every three months.
3. Whenever my Committee is responsible for producing section charter certificates, I will such certificates for each new or renewing section and mail it to the section’s designated point of contact within 14 days of receiving their charter form from NAR Headquarters.
4. I will maintain an up-to-date e-mail list of points of contact in all sections for use in rapid distribution of urgent NAR news and official communications, and will maintain and moderate a listserver for facilitating communications among NAR section points of contact.
5. I will maintain regular communication with all sections in the most effective manner that I can find (newsletter, e-mail, or other media) and will provide the NAR Board of Trustees in my semi-annual report with feedback from the sections on ways to improve NAR services and on ways to encourage the formation and sustainment of NAR sections.
6. I will ensure that either myself or one of my regional assistants makes telephone contact with the President or Senior Advisor of any newly-chartering section within 30 days of receiving their charter application, and of any section failing to renew their charter within 90 days after the date of expiration of their charter.
7. I will establish the selection criteria for the NAR Section of the Year award, will call for and collect inputs and nominations for this award, and will ensure that the award is fairly judged and results are provided to the NAR President by July 10 each year.