NAR Committee Service Standards
General Expectations of All Committee Chairmen:
1. I will deliver the service to NAR members for which this committee is responsible, meeting both the general and the specific expectations established by the NAR President for my Committee, with high standards of timeliness and quality, and with polite and responsive customer service.
2. I will conduct my Committee’s operations in accordance with the policies of the NAR and the directives of the NAR President and Board of Trustees, and will seek guidance from the NAR President when in doubt as to these policies and directives.
3. I will maintain full accountability and careful records for the funds allocated to me by the NAR or collected in connection with my Committee’s operations, spending these funds only on NAR official business. If in doubt as to the propriety of an expense, I will consult with the NAR Treasurer before incurring it. I will not obligate the NAR to financial liabilities except as specifically approved by the NAR President or Board of Trustees. I will report to the NAR Treasurer by February 1 of each year a full accounting for the income and expenses of my Committee.
4. I will provide a semiannual summary report of my Committee’s activities and recommendations to the NAR President by the deadline that he establishes, generally 30 days prior to each regular semiannual meeting of the NAR Board of Trustees.
5. I will respond to phone calls, letters, or e-mails from the NAR President within 7 days. I will advise the NAR President of those periods when I am traveling for a period of greater than two weeks and am unable to respond to mail or phone calls. If I have work or personal issues that make me unable to deliver the services of my Committee or respond promptly to NAR member customers, or if my Committee workload exceeds my ability to sustain quality service, I will promptly advise the NAR President and request assistance or replacement.
6. I will maintain inventory records of my Committee’s equipment, supplies, and any subscriptions or services purchased by NAR members from my Committee but not yet delivered. I will turn over these records, my Committee’s supplies and equipment, and my financial records to my successor as Committee Chairman or to whomever the NAR President directs within 30 days of relinquishing my Chairmanship of this Committee.
7. I will promptly report to the NAR President any conflicts of interest between my NAR volunteer position and duties and my employment or my personal relationships. I will not provide personal information on NAR members or information provided to me in confidence in connection with my NAR duties to anyone except those authorized by the NAR President to receive it.
8. I will supervise the performance of any assistants or subcommittee chairmen who report to me, and will ensure that they also meet the service expectations for my Committee.