The NAR and the Board of Trustees have been working diligently to support the update of the NAR level 2 testing. It has not been updated since 2012 and quite a lot has changed for the better in the ever-expanding hobby.
- The new 2020 Level 2 Written Exam Study Guide will be available for download from the High-Power Rocketry page on the NAR website starting October 1, 2020.
- The 2020 Level 2 Written Exam Packets for Sections and Certification Teams will be available starting October 15, 2020. Information on obtaining the new packets will be made available before that date.
- The new 2020 Level 2 Written Exam use will start on November 1, 2020.
- Due to the new exam format, a new HPR Certification Application will also be available for download from the High-Power Rocketry page on the NAR website. The new application will also be included with the new exam packets.
- The 2012 & 2017 versions of the Level 2 Written Exam will be valid/accepted if taken on or before October 31, 2020. After that, only the 2020 version will be valid/accepted.
- A member failing the HPR Level 2 exam may now retake another version immediately. If the member fails a second exam, the member must wait a minimum of seven (7) days to attempt the exam again.
- The Level 2 written exam administrator/proctor must now be minimum Level 1 certified.