HPR Level 2 Certification Changes
The NAR and the Board of Trustees have been working diligently to support the update of the NAR level 2 testing. It has not been updated since 2012 and quite a lot has changed for the better in the ever-expanding hobby.
- The Level 2 Certification Procedures are now available.
- The new 2020 Level 2 Written Exam Study Guide is available for download.
- The 2020 Level 2 Written Exam Packets for Sections and Certification Teams are available. NAR Sections may request soft copy (electronic) versions of the exam packets by contacting either the Section Activities Chairman or the High Power Services Chairman. This allows the Sections to print the exams materials on an as-needed basis (Note: you must be at least HPR Level 1 Certified to request and administer the exam per Board of Trustees decision on 9/2/2020).
- The new 2020 Level 2 Written Exam is in effect as of November 1, 2020.
- Due to the new exam format, a new HPR Certification Application is also available for download. The new application is included with the new exam packets.
- The 2012 & 2017 versions of the Level 2 Written Exam are no longer valid/accepted. After October 31, 2020, only the 2020 version will be valid/accepted.
- A member failing the HPR Level 2 exam may now retake another version immediately. If the member fails a second exam, the member must wait a minimum of seven (7) days to attempt the exam again.
- The Level 2 written exam administrator/proctor must be Level 1 certified at a minimum.