- A complete list of all World Championships and all medal winners of every nationality is provided in the attachments at the bottom of the page.
- Listed at the links on this page for each US team are the members, the event(s) flown by each member, and medals won by the US (individual and team)
- The dates and location of the World Championships are given
- When available, a team photo and the organizer’s logo for the championships are shown; some may be of poor quality
- A person flying as defending World Champion, rather than as a team member, is denoted by a -WC following the event category; note: this is at the discretion of the flyer – some defending World Champions elect to fly as team members
- Prior to 1987 (i.e. in 1983 and 1985), S8E was a provisional event, not a World Championship class
- Prior to 1993, S1A was flown with 5.0 N-s motors; after that the “A” designation corresponds to 2.5 N-s motors
- The 1966 and 1970 events were not official World Championships, not sanctioned by the FAI.
- The 2013 event was a European Continental Championship where a small US Team attended and flew as guests, to gain increased familiarity with the site and procedures of the 2014 WSMC on that same site.
|World Champs Honors (Seniors) through 2021||January 22, 2022, 2:51 am||1 MB|