Date(s) - 04/24/16
7:00 am - 2:00 pm
SARA Launch Site
Latitude / Longitude:
Category: No Categories
Southern Arizona Rocketry Association’s SARA Open Meet 1 (SOM-1) 2016
– D Streamer Duration (an underpowered version of NARAM 58’s G Streamer Duration). 2 flights permitted; score is the sum of the flight duration in seconds. 1 rocket must be returned.
– A Boost Glider (A boost glider can separate the motor pod on a streamer or parachute at apogee, leaving a lighter weight glider to return to earth) Free Flight Only; no Radio Control. 2 flights permitted; score is the sum of the flight duration in seconds. 1 rocket must be returned.
– 1/2 A SuperRoc Altitude (Altimeter). This is a NARAM 58 event. Fly a certified altimeter as high as possible on a 1/2 A motor. Scoring in meters multiplied by length in centimeters, between 50 cm and 100 cm. And don’t let it bend! 2 flights permitted; highest altitude counts.
– C Parachute Duration: Keep a C powered rocket aloft as long as possible under a parachute. 2 flights permitted; score is the sum of the flight duration in seconds. 1 rocket must be returned.
– Predicted Altitude: Fly a certified altimeter as close as possible to your predicted altitude. One flight only.
Sanction Number: 4012-16-O
Sponsor Type: NAR SectionSponsor: SARA - 545
Event Director: Ed LaCroix | email@example.com | 602-826-3908
Return to Calendar