Date(s) - 05/16/15
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Latitude / Longitude:
This will be the Dedication and Inaugural Launch Day for the San Luis Valley Rocketeers #774. Saturday May 16th
7:30 Russell Rocketry Range gate opens
8:00 High Power Rocketry waiver in effect until 5pm.
8:30 Range prepared; Flag ceremony by Cub Scout Pack 307, Alamosa
8:45 First Rockets Away on the Sport Range
9:30 Contest Range Activities TBD
10:00 Contest Clinics? – TBD
Dry Camping is available at the site on Friday and Saturday Night.
Camping Fee is a $5 per person donation to SLVROC 774.
$0 for NAR members
$5 one time fee for all day launching for non-NAR members. Directions to the Russel Rocketry Range area can be published as follows:
– From Alamosa, travel West on Main Street / HWY 160 to Craft Drive.
– Turn Left on Craft Drive and proceed south to Co-Op Road / County Road 8.
– Turn Right on Co-Op Road / County Road 8. Travel West 1.8 miles to County Road 106 S.
– Turn left on 106 S and travel .2 miles to the entry gate for the Russel Rocketry Range, on the left.
– Enter through the gate (only when open – do not enter if closed….) and follow the dirt road into the site to the far rim of the gravel pit.
Sponsor Type: NAR SectionSponsor: SLVROC - 774
Event Director: Mathew Abbey | firstname.lastname@example.org | 719-937-2411
Return to Calendar