2019 North Coast Cup / US 2020 International Team Flyoffs
Date(s) - 07/27/19 - 07/30/19
AMA National Flying Field
Latitude / Longitude:
A competitive flyoff for team selection will be held July 28-30, 2019 in conjunction with the 2019 North Coast Cup FAI contest and the NAR Annual Meet (NARAM-61) in Muncie, Indiana.
The team selection flyoff will be flown under the 2019 edition of the FAI Sporting Code. The FAI code may be found at https://www.fai.org/page/ciam-code . The 2019 edition will be released in late December 2018. In cases where FAI and NAR rules conflict, the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code shall have highest precedence, followed by the FAI Sporting Code, except as modified herein or in subsequent bulletins.
Anyone participating in the flyoffs must also register as either a contestant or a sport flyer at NARAM-61 and must be a current member of the NAR.
Flyoffs for the S2P, S3A, S4A, S6A, S8E/P, and S9A events will be conducted in conjunction with the flying of these same events in the North Coast Cup, an FAI sanctioned World Cup and Open International contest. Flyoff participants have the option to also compete in that contest, if they have a current FAI license.
Registration for the flyoffs will be handled through the NARAM-61 website (www.naram.org) once it opens.
• All models shall be inspected for conformance with FAI rules prior to the start of the round. Check-in on the evening before flight is strongly preferred.
• A third model may be used in the third round in S1, S3A, S4A, S6A and S9A. Any flight using the third model will not be an official flight in the North Coast Cup competition but will count towards team selection.
Altitude events (S1, S2/P, and S5) must use an Adrel ALT-BMP altimeter. You may provide your own, or there will be altimeters available for free rental with a $60 deposit refundable on return.
• For Scale (S7), models will be judged for craftsmanship, but a boilerplate may be flown. S5 Scale Altitude must fly the model that is judged – no substitutions.
• Consistent with new FAI rules that will go into effect in 2019, piston launchers may not be used in S1, S2P, or S5, and “floating head” piston launchers may not be used in any event.
• While S1A (Juniors) and S1B (Seniors) will be flown as separate power classes at the World Championships, due to limitations on the types of appropriate motors available in the US, all S1 flyoff entries for both Juniors and Seniors will be required to use A10-0T motors in the lower stage and 1/2A3-4T motors in the upper stage.
Saturday, July 27. Check in S5 and S7 models for judging starting 8 PM
Sunday, July 28. Fly S2P (morning), then fly S8D and S8E/P (afternoon).
Monday, July 29. Fly 2 rounds each of S3A, S4A, S6A, and S9A.
Tuesday, July 30. Fly 3rd round of S3A, S4A, S6A, and S9A and both rounds of S7 (morning), then fly all 3 rounds of S1 and S5 (afternoon)
Sponsor Type: IndividualSponsor: North Coast Rocketry
Event Director: Matt Steele | email@example.com | 661-609-6661
NRC Events: No Events Specified
Non-NRC Events: No Events Specified
Return to Calendar