On Saturday, July 20th of 2019, Model Rocketeers from around the globe will be celebrating the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing’s 50th Anniversary with rocket launches, picnics, and parties! Will you be a part of this world wide rocket launch event? The National Association of Rocketry is hosting a photo contest to help celebrate the event.
Saturn Photo Contest
Commemorate the launch of Apollo 11 by building and flying a Saturn rocket. On October 1, 2019, we will be giving away three (3) 1-year NAR memberships for the three best modeler/launch/flight photos. We will be hosting a photo gallery on the NAR Website and NAR Facebook page.
- The photo contest is open to all NAR members.
- The photos can be any class of the Saturn rocket.
- Simply build it, fly it, and take photos along the way.
- We are looking for a single, best photo, not a photo essay.
- Multiple photo submissions are allowed.
- The photos can be of the builder and model, the build process, the model liftoff, or the model in flight.
- These photos should not have been previously published or posted on social media.
- The image must be at least 8” wide x 10” tall, with a minimum of 200 pixels/inch. All photos should be saved as .jpg files.
- Please, no photo retouching.
- Include your complete name in the photo name.
- Be sure that your complete contact information is included in your submission e-mail.
- Send photos and submissions via email to: SportRocketry@me.com.
- Sport Rocketry has the right to use all submitted photos for publication in the magazine. You retain the copyright to your material.
- After review, we will upload the photos to the NAR Website and NAR Facebook page.
- On October 1, 2019, a three-person panel of judges will select the winning entries based equally upon the criteria of skill, originality, and relevance.
- Three (3) 1-year NAR memberships will be awarded at that time.
- By entering, you agree to be bound by these rules, and that the decisions of the judges are final.