Lifetime membership is available to any new or renewing senior member of the National Association of Rocketry. Pay a one-time fee of $1,000 and become a NAR member for life. Call NAR headquarters at (800) 262-4872. Marie will fulfill your membership over the phone; lifetime memberships can not be purchased online.
Online voting for the NAR Board of Trustees in now open. Members can log into their account and go to “Board of Trustee Voting”, located in the Member Resources menu. Please see below for other voting options.
- Competition Rocketry? Check out the National Scoreboard in the race for National Champion.
- Spam Alert There is a spam e-mail circulating with the following subject line: Subject: National Association Of Rocketry Secure. This is not from the NAR, the links should not be opened.
- The Rocketry Festival 2018 & NARAM-60 website is constantly being updated. Check back often to see the latest updates. Check out the list of who has already signed up for the Rocketeer Reunion.
- The 2018 edition of The Model Rocketeer is out. Look for it in the latest issue of Sport Rocketry magazine. The Board of Trustees election ballots are enclosed in The Model Rocketeer, be sure to vote. Here is a link to the .pdf version.
What’s My NAR Number?
Welcome to the National Association of Rocketry!
The NAR is all about having fun and learning more with and about sport rockets. We are the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. Since 1957, over 100,000 serious sport rocket modelers have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry. Read our organizational statement to see more about who we are and what we do.
Attend National Events
NSL 2018—May 26-28, Geneseo, New York
Rocketry Festival 2018 & NARAM-60—August 4-10, Pueblo, Colorado
Read Sport Rocketry Magazine!
Sport Rocketry is a bi-monthly magazine jam-packed with building tips, plans, product reviews, technical information, space science features, interviews, and reports on launches and other rocketry activities from all over the country! (Check our our free online sample issue!
Visit Organized Rocket Launches!
NAR members and Sections host hundreds of launches each year — both sport launches and competitions — from the local and regional levels to national events. Check out our Online Launch Windows calendar listing some of the launches coming up in the next few months, in the United States and worldwide.
Connect With Local Clubs!
When you get together with model rocket flyers in a NAR Section near you — participate in building sessions, launches, and more! Your sport rocket designing, building, and flying is always more fun when you have rocket flying friends joing you. If you’d like to have a club closer to you, we’ll even show you how to start a new one!
Liftoff With High-Power Rocketry!
Build bigger, climb higher and fly faster! As an adult NAR member, you can become qualified to purchase and use rocket motors more powerful than those allowed to be sold to the general public!
The National Rocketry Competition to Debut August 5th—Competition for All!
The NAR has retooled the U.S. Model Rocket Sporting Code (aka the Sporting Code) so that NAR competition will be significantly more accessible to the average member. The new competition rulebook- SportingCode-2017, details a new approach to competition known as the National Rocketry Competition or NRC. The NRC emphasizes eight core events powered with low cost motors.
One important element of the NRC is that each contest year, six events are chosen and these events are announced at the start of a new contest year, July 1. Competition flyers can begin flying the events as part of the NRC the day after NARAM ends, which is August 5th this year.
Competition Rocketry is Fun! Competition Rocketry is for everyone! Fly the National Rocketry Competition!
Connect with Other NAR Members!
- NAR has a moderated Facebook page.
- Coming back to the hobby after some time away? Check out the Old-timers special interest group;
- Scale modelers can try the scale rocketry special interest group;
- International competitors can subscribe to the US Rocketry Team listserv.