NAR Extracurricular Activity Grant
- The application deadline for participating in the NAR Extracurricular Activity Grant program is June 1. All applications must be emailed or postmarked by this date.
- Applicant must be a member or representative of an organization providing educational activities for children.
- Eligible organizations are schools and organizations, for example, NAR Sections, 4-H, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, Challenger Centers, museums, etc. that provide extracurricular educational activities involving model rocketry.
- NAR Extracurricular Activity Grants are not to be used to sponsor or support Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC) teams, NASA Student Launch, or similar national contest events.
- You must be willing to have your brief activity description posted on the NAR web page.
- You must be willing to submit a link to resources on your web site that can be cited on the NAR web site, and/or an article for the NAR Educators Newsletter, and possibly for the NAR magazine Sport Rocketry. The article can be about a past activity. Our newsletter and magazine editors are available for assistance as necessary. (If you are a multiple award recipient, this requirement is waived.)
Note: We encourage you to partner with your local NAR section for additional support.